 Off-Topic / Debate / *221 (-20)
  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

Also sprach Mike Stanley: : Makes no difference to me what everyone else believes. Not my : business unless they try to tell me what to believe. ... and notably, you and I have never gotten into an argument about religion and faith. That's my point. (...) (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

(...) Well....probably. (...) Depends if you wish to take everything on faith regarding "weopans of mass destruction" from just *one* inspector. Sure there is a lot of stalling and attempts to block their legitimate work.... The timing is the only (...) (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

(...) Those are real missiles, and could hurt many innocent as well, not some sort of "cigars" which causes only one person (the woman) crying [with pleasure] Selçuk (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) Actually, the terrorist leader should have been tortured to death long ago. Moz (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

(...) I agree - sort of. My experience has also been that there are more 'believers'(1) who start these flame wars, however, I've noticed that once they start, the majority of the participents (and the bulk of the volume) are from 'non-believers' (...) (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

(...) Saddam should have been assasinated a long time ago, whether by us directly or some group we put on the job. Clinton should have bombed Iraq long before now. Amazingly convenient how he timed it, though. (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

(...) I've always been in the minority in one way or another. :) With this as with other things it is usually something to be proud of, or at least something to not be ashamed of. (...) I don't think I'm very obvious about a lot of confrontational (...) (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

(...) Which is a much more revealing debate anyway. (G, D & R) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

(...) You're in the minority, or so it would seem. Either that or the people that are obviously believers are a bit less tolerant of non believers but the quiet faith types (who I appreciate more anyway) are a bit more and aren't obviously beleivers (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

(...) Unlikely now.... Whenever the going gets tough, he bombs someone to take attention away. :o) And of course, our Foreign Office continues to phallate (sp?) American foreign policy. (deliberate pun) Though I do believe Saddam should be stopped, (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

(...) It really doesn't to me. I have my faith and my father-in-law, the minister, would probably lament to hear me say it, but I don't accept that your faith or your soul or anyone else's is my responsibility. Makes no difference to me what (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

(...) Works with the boxers vs briefs subject as well. (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Larritarians of the world, unite.

(...) A silver train window would get you a reputation as a miracle worker, my son. But I REALLY need enough to do a whole Zephyr. I did not do the disclose. I merely acknowledge that there may be those that wish to send LOVE OFFERINGS my way. Is (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

Also sprach Perhaps a Princess...: : "a crusader who won't hush until he makes everyone bow to his creator" : Don't you see a very definite amount of bile in the way you phrased : this? And why it might get on people's back like fingernails on a : (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

(...) What do you mean Clinton shouldn't be impeached [1]? :) --Mike. [1] Impeached, Impaired... how about Imappled or Imgraped? Aren't these words a little unfair to the rest of the fruit community? (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The meaning of Christmas (was Re: Christmas Train update

(...) Depends on the bricks, of course, but anyone who sends thousands of bricks AS A LOVE OFFERING (1) certainly will be held in my highest esteem. (2) 1 - which rules you out, since I pay you for the thousands you send me. 2 - and I have some (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: lugnet.religion.flame

(...) Uh. But your certain type of personality statement is exactly the kind of comment that KEEPS such arguments running, "a crusader who won't hush until he makes everyone bow to his creator" Don't you see a very definite amount of bile in the way (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The meaning of Christmas (was Re: Christmas Train update

(...) Actually before folks decide to become "Larritarians" :) they should wholly examine these points which can be applied to any religious figure claiming to be something more than man: 1. He's deluded; 2. He's insane; 3. He is who he says he is; (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why I spoke up -- little issues left alone sometimes become big issues

Also sprach Duane Hess: : Christianity is the dominant belief in the world today (1). Until it is the : only belief, or is completely extinguished, Christians will always be : ridiculed somewhere(2). I would dispute this. First of all, in what (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The meaning of Christmas (was Re: Christmas Train update

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <36786104.B40D0C10@c...AM.com>... (...) I don't think I've sent any train windows to you - someone else got that model team set with the windows, IIRC. Oh well, I guess I'll be down at the feet of Larry with the (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact