 Off-Topic / Debate / *21491 (-20)
  Google fun

I got this from a list I'm on... go to google.com and type in "Weapons of Mass Destruction" as your search string and then hit "I'm feeling lucky". Supposedly it should bring you to this site: (URL) I found pretty funny. YMMV. (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Anonymity (was Re: Music Downloads and RIAA)

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:HHDAGy.1AIJ@lugnet.com... (...) purposes. (...) music (...) that (...) growing (...) so it (...) According (...) file (...) could (...) then (...) I don't see what difference that will (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Anonymity (was Re: Music Downloads and RIAA)

(...) Leech!!! Blubster 2.5 Promises User Anonymity (URL) There has been growing interest in protecting user identities since the US music industry said they would start suing some of the 60 million American's that share music online. Today Blubster (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: More throwbacks to Hitler...

(...) I have no desire for your shirts, laundered or not, I have enough shirts in bad taste as it is. What was your point again? I don't recall denying where you were or weren't. What I was denying is the possibility that a US government source is (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Our troops: an economic target

(...) Only mostly concur. Better pay? Better amelioration to families if someone dies in the line of duty? You bet. Not a hesitation in the world. If we want the best armed forces in the world, we need to pay what they are worth and then some. Pride (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: More throwbacks to Hitler...

(...) Any place you can golf all winter long doesn't have one. Now, if we were talking home, then yep, I can understand the reluctance. Even when there isn't 6' of snow in Jan, the -20C days are a tad chilly. But, the climate here is atually quite (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: More throwbacks to Hitler...

(...) I didn't think that I would get into an arguing match to try and prove that I spent last summer in the (rather warm) gulf. How do you want me to do so? I have the plane stubs from my flight home, my paystubs, and my wild wadi shirt as proof... (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: More throwbacks to Hitler...

(...) Is this a conspiracy theory, Lar? =) -- Hop-Frog (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: More throwbacks to Hitler...

(...) Sure, why not. But the system is rigged and has been for some time. (...) Hardly. Most government sources are extremely biased. (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: More throwbacks to Hitler...

(...) I could have sworn that I wrote "winter" and not "snow". I could have sworn that I wrote it in CAPITALS and bold-faced it, too. It's snows every winter in Southern California, I assure you. :-) -->Bruce<-- (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: More throwbacks to Hitler...

(...) Love Question Period (at times) No politician can hide behind the position at all--even the PM. Lets see Dubya make it thur an open question period. That'd be the day--not only is he a moron, he's a spineless moron who doesn't face the harsh (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: More throwbacks to Hitler...

(...) It is apparent that you have never considered Victoria, BC. :) We rarely get snow, and you would only have to compete with ~5 of us lugnetters for the specials at TRU. James P (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: More throwbacks to Hitler...

(...) I _am_ assuming you voted last time around Lar? It is a fault of all democratic systems that there will be those minority (up to 50%-1) that are not happy with their system of representation. There are a wide varity of systems of (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: More throwbacks to Hitler...

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote (...) ROFL! Ever watch the parliamentary debates on TV? Its like a zoo. Everyone is jumping around yelling, with the PM having to shout rebuttals over the general mayhem. Its better than so called (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: More throwbacks to Hitler...

(...) Oh, and where did Dave say it was perfect? I do believe he said that we seem to be a better nation (not the best, but better). We don't have a perfect system. You don't have a perfect system. Perhaps we had all better get used to that... James (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Our troops: an economic target

(...) Completely concur. Dave K (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Our troops: an economic target

Editorial: Nothing but lip service (URL) In recent months, President Bush and the Republican-controlled Congress have missed no opportunity to heap richly deserved praise on the military. But talk is cheap - and getting cheaper by the day, judging (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: More throwbacks to Hitler...

(...) Where are these good people that you speak of? Lynching gays in the midwest? Bashing heads belonging to dissenters in with baseball bats? Sitting in the White House committing atrocity after atrocity in the name of democracy and capitalism? (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Newsbit: "Ten Appalling Lies We Were Told About Iraq"

(...) And one more article from DU this week: (URL) " And let's not even get into the Weapons of Mass Deception, but let me add that we gave UN inspectors about 3 months to find them, so I hope that by mid-July that The State finds them, cause (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: More throwbacks to Hitler...

(...) That debating is a waste of time I think goes without saying. But what research are talking about? There's no truth out there -- just competing approximations and opinions. I accept that the news as reported can be a kind of "truth," once (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact