 Off-Topic / Debate / 21489
21488  |  21490
Subject:
Anonymity (was Re: Music Downloads and RIAA)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 22:29:22 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Sciortino wrote:
   Sorry Richard, once again I’ve turned one of your posts to my own purposes.

Leech!!!

Blubster 2.5 Promises User Anonymity

http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=186

There has been growing interest in protecting user identities since the US music industry said they would start suing some of the 60 million American’s that share music online. Today Blubster 2.5 was released in the wake of this growing threat. Although some users may have been using 2.5 for the last week or so it has been officially released today.

The key feature in this new release is making the end user anonymous. According to OptiSoft’s press release, which was sent to Slyck, “Version 2.5 takes advantage of a streamlined means of distributing large files to dissociate file transfers from specific users”.

Pablo, creator of Blubster, added “Other means of delivering media files could be compared to a postal system with an identifiable sender and receiver, then Blubster’s proprietary MP2P network could be likened to throwing a bottled message into the vast ocean”.

-- Hop-Frog