 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 697 (-20)
  Re: MegaBloks Harley Davidson?!

(...) can (...) Kittyhawk (...) has (...) The (...) who (...) I saw it next to the Mission to mars sets. Pretty neat that they had a major endorsement from harley Davidson like that, it looked pretty neat. Ah, if their quality would go up a (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  MegaBloks Harley Davidson?!

Has anyone seen this new ProBuilder set? I got a brief glimpse over the weekend at a local TRU, and it looked pretty cool. As a quick overview, I can say that it has 1300 pieces and comes with some cool, if not especially versatile, chrome pieces. (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: HES Valhalla

(...) guess (...) Given the size of the behemoth-in-progress and the fact that such vessels do not "whoosh" in real life, I think the aim should be to "sail majestically" with it. To that end, avoid any fiddly bits that will easily knock off, add (...) (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: HES Valhalla

(...) I can't give precise figures, but I'm working on a structure about 30 bricks high composed mostly of MB 2x4 bricks. I noticed the same effect Chris described, in that the first few rows bowed noticeably, but now the whole structure doesn't (...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: HES Valhalla

(...) Mmmm, I thought it was a nice touch. (...) Armed with my trusty stanley knife, I (heretically - don't tell anyone) trim the baseplate to suit the model - so the model isn't so much fixed to the baseplate, as the baseplate to the model :-) (...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: HES Valhalla

(...) Dunno about this. On mine, I got to about ten high for half the model and 19 for the balance and the bow wasn't going anywhere fast. I even gave it a couple of days to think about it :-) And this was MB 2x4s on grey Lego baseplates... Richard (...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: HES Valhalla

"Richard Parsons" <richard_w_parsons@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G4Gxt2.7uo@lugnet.com... (...) Indeed, I rather like the way the MB ships have little wheels under them. It adds to their playability. Better than building a vehicle fixed to a (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: HES Valhalla

(...) I think you'll find that if you build up high enough, the bow will go away. It is quite noticeable if you build with MB 1x2's on the flexible baseplates. Even the 2x4's do it. However, when you get more than a couple of bricks high, the bow (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  HES Valhalla

I haven't got any pictures to post yet, and there is still a lot of work to do on the MB escort carrier I'm working on, but its so much fun that I simply could not contain myself. I have never really been into BIG models, beyond a recurring dream of (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MB at Chatswood TRU

(...) Yup, my son bought one of these bot thingies - the figs are indeed appalling, so he ditched it and replaced with a Lego fig to taste. The pieces are larger, and the joints are click hinge types, both flexors and rotators. Having said that, the (...) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Nilo Lego type baseplate 12"X32"

Dave Schuler wrote in message ... (...) side (...) I live in Idaho. The website list some stores that sell Nilo products. You would probably be better off calling them and getting a list of stores in your area. Rose (24 years ago, 18-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Nilo Lego type baseplate 12"X32"

(...) Similarly, Block-Men (the design quality of whose sets cannot be understated) has 32x44 stud baseplates in dark green, light grey, and tan, the latter of which is a surprisingly good color match for LEGO. Dave! (24 years ago, 18-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.town)

  Nilo Lego type baseplate 12"X32"

I hope you don't get too upset that I post this to Town, however I thought that this baseplate would interest the town folks. I came found a green baseplate 12" X 32" at a toy store yesterday. One side is Duplo compatible and the other is regular (...) (24 years ago, 18-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.town)

  Re: New Castle LEGOs

(...) I have some Best-Lock army sets and was not very happy with them. They have some nice pieces and look great, but they don't stay together. The tooling on the bricks are not as precise as Lego bricks, so they don't go together and stay (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) this is an interesting thread. if someone decides to start a database site i would be glad to pass over everything on my constructions clones site (or whatever is deemed useful). i think there is enough info for a good start (i've got quite a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New Castle LEGOs

I'm optimistic about GetTheToys, but I think that its mainly because I just want their site to work so badly (I'm saving up for a big purchase). However, despite all my plugging for Bestlock, I have never actually ordered from GetTheToys, and I too (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Chris Gray's site (was Re: MB sites)

(...) I think James has hit a key point here. Things that we did as kids stick with us, and are viewed "through rose-tinted glasses". That's likely unavoidable - most of us had lots of fun as kids, and spent lots of time playing. One of the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: clone brands available in Australia

(...) I've seen some others, mainly in Woolworths/Big W, small toyshops and "Crazy Discount" type stores. Except for the curio-factor, don't bother. They're invariably rubbish: poor manufacture, poor tolerances, poor plastic and all but non-existent (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.org.au)

  clone brands available in Australia

Now that I've made the move to the Dark Side and started buying Mega Bloks pro-builder sets, I've become aware through the off-topic.clone-brands group that there are other clone brands: Tyco, Bestlock, Coko, etc. However, the only clone brand I've (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.org.au)

  Re: Chris Gray's site (was Re: MB sites)

(...) I'm not sure why I took that with such a negative bent. But I'll think aloud for a bit. (warning, this is going to be rambling, long, and might turn into a rant) I think Lego is pretty cool. I grew up with it, and remember when it was the only (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact