 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 688
Re: MB at Chatswood TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 00:02:18 GMT

In lugnet.org.au, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.org.au, David Low writes:
Can't believe I'm talking about this but anyway...

Popped into Chatswood TRU on Saturday (last day of 25% off). The MB shelves
were full, with several large grey ships and the new transformer mechs. The
latter look almost interesting, except for the clone minifigs which are
irredeemably cheap and nasty.

The figs are very, very sad.
The mechs looked pretty SPUDy/POOPy, unless you examined a bit closer than
I did.

Yup, my son bought one of these bot thingies - the figs are indeed
appalling, so he ditched it and replaced with a Lego fig to taste.

The pieces are larger, and the joints are click hinge types, both flexors
and rotators.  Having said that, the model is pretty sturdy, and a heap
easier to stand than most of the Lego counterparts.  And its big obviously
(they don't call them mega for nothing ;-)

Personally I prefer Lego's ball joints, but I'm not a mech lover.  On the
mech front though, the MB thingies do actually have a fig in their heads,
which I assume is considered to be a plus.  The pieces having more numerous
and more prominent studs also means its easier for boy to customise

And for the 8 year old's verdict - he loves it, and has had it roaming about
his medieval (Lego) army all weekend, kicking minifig butt.

Richard
Still baldly building something very very big...
(40w x 144l x 19h and building)