 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 696
695  |  697
Subject:
MegaBloks Harley Davidson?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 04:57:27 GMT

Has anyone seen this new ProBuilder set?  I got a brief glimpse over the
weekend at a local TRU, and it looked pretty cool.  As a quick overview, I can
say that it has 1300 pieces and comes with some cool, if not especially
versatile, chrome pieces.  It retails for $49.99 US, just like the Kittyhawk
and, presumably, the forthcoming White House model (the release of which has
been delayed until they can certify the piece count.)
  The model is fairly well detailed, considering the use of basic bricks,
though the tires still retain the pixelation that some find unsatisfying.  The
best thing in my view is that, since this wasn't in any catalog I've seen, who
knows what other $50 ProBuilder sets might be waiting in the wings...

     Dave!