 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2715
Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2006 23:14:43 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Jeff Stembel wrote:
MegaBloks announced the license for Mobile Suit Gundam on their Japanese
website today.  This doesn't come as much of a surprise to me, considering
they've had Power Rangers for a while, not to mention a few other anime
properties, so they've got a relationship with Bandai that Lego doesn't have.

The main announcement is here:¬
<http://mega.channel.or.jp/mega/new_s/new_s.html
The Japanese MegaBloks page is here:¬
<http://mega.channel.or.jp/index.html>

Jeff¬
(News courtesy of Gunota Headlines Blog)

Straight from IRC, a friend of mine was kind enough to give me a quick and dirty
translation of the text on that image:

<Pocky> A beloved space opera the overcomes/bypasses generations,
<Pocky> MSG will be premering as a Mega Block
<Pocky> And by uniting with the beloved blocks which have also crossed (not
overcome) generations,
<Pocky> the curtain will open on yet another new stage
<Pocky> No, let's build the world of Gundam once again

No details, but I thought people would be interested.

Jeff