 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2718
Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2006 15:22:01 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, David Gregory wrote:
   So MB is now trying to jump on the mecha bandwagon to compete with LEGO’s Exo-Force sets...interesting. I wonder if they’ll make a realistic picture of one of their Gundams that’s just a pile of robot limbs, since that’s what will probably happen with most of them when assembled.

David

I think it’s safe to say Bandai has the ability to nix something that MegaBloks develops if they’re not happy with it, so I highly doubt this would happen. Also, as Dave said, MB already beat Lego in the mecha department. As much as I don’t like MegaBloks, I *don’t* dismiss their achievements. Someone mentioned to me yesterday that they had 178% growth last year. They must be doing *something* right to get that.

Jeff