 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2556
Re: A minor note about the Warthog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:02:17 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Arne Lykke Nielsen wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
   Has anyone spotted other sets with a similarly redone numbering scheme?

I don’t know if it’s similar, but the MB Dragon set Raiders Sea Assualt exists as both set number 9807 and set number 9652. I’m not sure, but I think maybe the 96xx-series was sets intended for the UK market?

That’s an interesting hypothesis that hadn’t occurred to me! A search on the MEGABLOKS website returns no hits for “9652,” but unfortunately that’s not quite conclusive since “3707” doesn’t show up, either.

In any case, I’ll do some more looking. I realized after posting that certain other sets have been reissued under different numbers, such as the Sea Racer (5801 and 9252) among others. Sometimes they’re rereleased under different series names, like “Model Max Pro” vs. “ProBuilder.” I’ve also noticed that the 10-figure SWAT and Patrol sets were reissued as 5-figure sets with different series numbers, too.

And of course there’s the jet issued in gray and later in black with a different nosecone as the “Fighter Jet” and “Black Eagle,” respectively, both with series number 9709. Weird.

Thanks for the insight!

Dave!