 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2136
2135  |  2137
Subject:
Army Chopper (was Re: new MB sets)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:36:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Jeff Szklennik wrote:
at my Claremont, NH W*M, I picked up a $20 A10 Warthog Probuilder model.  It has
a new molded & printed/painted nose 'cone', a new cockpit, new engine
intake/output cowlings, new molded missles & landing gear.  it's light & dark
gray.  on the side of the box is a pic of another new set, which i did not see
on the shelf; a blackhawk helicopter apparently made of regular bricks, not
POOPs like the "command ops" sets.  Haven't built it yet, but it looks to be a
great model.

Jeff

I picked up the helicopter today. Offically called "9786 Army Chopper".
According to the package it has 265 pieces with a price of US$10. Main body is 8
studs wide. The pictures show the military green color that Mega Bloks uses but
the parts inside are a new really dark grey. The hue is greenish like orignal
Lego dark grey but the new Mega Bloks color is even darker. While I find the
misleading packaging quite annoying I really like this new color and it does
make more sense for a blackhawk look alike. Most noteable parts:
six 1x2 inverse slopes in clear
two 1x2 slopes in clear
four 1x1 bricks in clear
two 1x2 bricks in clear.
27 2x4 bricks in dark dark grey (duck duck goose)
19 2x4 plates in dark dark grey (ho ho)
18 1x4 plates in dark dark grey (hee hee)
34 1x2 plates in dark dark grey (ha ha)
three 2x4 plates with centered 1x4 row of studs in dark dark grey
one each 6x8 and 8x8 plate in dark dark grey and one 6x8 in black.
I have not yet built it, but it looks like a very nice set to complement the
US$10 Command Ops troop builder 10 fig pack. Which is the best CO set in my
opinion. Why don't they include figs with the fig scale $10 probuilder sets. Ah
well at least they sell the fig packs.

-Mike Petrucelli

P.S. the postage stamp picture of "9789 Air Force Warthog" on the back of the
box looks pretty cool. (They didn't actually have any at the store)