 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2554
2553  |  2555
Subject:
A minor note about the Warthog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 13:46:28 GMT

My local KMart has two versions of the Air Force Warthog on the shelf. The sets themselves appear to be identical, but the boxes are slightly different, and one is listed as set #9789 and the other is #3707. The price and piece-counts are the same.

I’m not sure why MB has released this set (and maybe others?) with a different model number, except that I notice that the 3707 is more consistent with the crop of numbers used for the ProBuilder Series 2 line of sets.

Has anyone spotted other sets with a similarly redone numbering scheme?

Dave!