 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2252 (-20)
  Re: Trademark defense doesn't work vs Mega Bloks

(...) It needs to stay together the whole way. If it crumbles in my hands while I am assembling it, using reasonable assembly operations (turning, picking it up, etc) then it doesn't matter whether or not it would putatively be sturdy once I got it (...) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Trademark defense doesn't work vs Mega Bloks

(...) A model that keeps falling apart while I build it is fustrating. A little bit of this is fine, but if it happens too much, I will give up on the model. My own building style leans towards beefy from start to finish. That said, I seem to recall (...) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Trademark defense doesn't work vs Mega Bloks

(...) Bummer! I have that set and didn't notice any problem with clutch power. The vehicle has fold-away walls so that the garbage truck can "transform" into a mobile lab, and the wall panels don't hold together too rigidly, but I've been satisfied (...) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Trademark defense doesn't work vs Mega Bloks

(...) Just out of interest, did you mean to write Megabloks in some of those spots, or were those complaints about LEGO? Umm, Dave!. I'm not sure what set I own - it came in a polybag which I assume was part of a boxed kit, but was of the (...) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Trademark defense doesn't work vs Mega Bloks

(...) Dave! Want MegaBlok anecdotes? Here are a couple: After Christmas I got an Alien Agency Mobile Recovery Unit on clearance and gave it to my 8 year-old. He found it very frustrating because the garbage truck would not stay together but fell (...) (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MB TNG NCC-1701-D

(...) Actually, I think you were right. If memory serves, the original release was scheduled for July, but it was pushed back. (...) If you don't locate it in your area, then keep your eye on this group--someone is bound to post about it here. I (...) (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MB TNG NCC-1701-D

(...) Ah, great! Here's hoping they don't pull a Half-Life 2. *crosses fingers* I could've been wrong about June/July, but at any rate it's nice to see something that seems to be keeping up. Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for it (but I don't frequent (...) (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MB TNG NCC-1701-D

(...) Hi, Doug! Bill Connick's (URL) very helpful website> indicates that the Enterprise set is now slated for release in September 2004. In the past I've seen a few items debut on retail shelves or on Amazon before their official release dates, so (...) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  MB TNG NCC-1701-D

Yes, the Enterprise from The Next Generation...sorry, I had to see how many abbreviations I could fit in there. :P Well, regarding that set, what's the deal with it? I heard it was supposed to come out in June/July, but I have seen no sign of it (...) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New Best-Lock Pirate Skeleton Ship @ TRU

(...) There are two indentical ships other than their color and crew. The all black and a brown with yellow upper works and more conventional crew. The figs can be tossed (clone brands just plain stink at minifigs). It goes together reasonably well (...) (20 years ago, 1-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Clone Parts (and Color ) Inventories

(...) Here's what I've found thus far concerning Oxford / Shifty / Brick brand. They appear to owned by COKO. (URL) (Tianjin) Toy Co.,Ltd. is a solely American-funded enterprise established in CHINA specializing in producing and handling COKO (...) (20 years ago, 1-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Clone Parts (and Color ) Inventories

(...) Hi Ed, To tell you the truth, as clone goes, I only know MB and Tyco (and a handful of non-compatible brands, like Tente, etc). Tyco did have a very nice fitup (0). MB's is not so good, but it is improving. Now (1) the large round holes in the (...) (20 years ago, 1-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Pics of MB Probuilder Huey

(...) (URL) baldly going... (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Clone Parts (and Color ) Inventories

(...) Paulo, I just received Brick set #0494, everything but the original box. The bricks were still in shrink wrap. If these aren’t Lego, I'll ... Heck even Lego sued because they were (kinda still are) too close too Lego. The fitup is better than (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.color, FTX)

  New Best-Lock Pirate Skeleton Ship @ TRU

I know Best-Lock!?!?!?. But hey, I picked one up yesterday at TRU because this set has some interesting pieces plus 4 skeleton figs with a handful of new weapons. The figs limbs have good clutch power and work on lego studs. Also the weapons work (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are custom made parts LEGO?

(...) What follows is my opinion, not any sort of Lugnet Admin official stance by any means... I think there's a need for a custom parts discussion group but I'm not sure it belongs under off-topic. You can argue it both ways. This argument has in (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jul-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.admin.general)

  Are custom made parts LEGO?

Hello! And therefore: Are custom made parts subject of lugnet.general or any respective theme-newsgroup? Though I do not at all deny the creativity that's put into custom made pieces I still wonder. I could take a knife and a piece of wood and carve (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jul-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Clone Parts (and Color ) Inventories

(...) I think that this might be a good idea indeed! I'm really sick of this blays and rbrowns! Hey, if TLC thinks classic colors are dull (who are they kidding afterall?, kids?...) maybe there are other companys that would not. Does anyone here (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Pics of MB Probuilder Blackhawk?

(...) Having heard tell of this set hereabouts, I was keen to find out more about it. We use the Command Ops Blackhawks in Brick Wars, which are fabulous, but somehow unsatisfactory because they're so juniorised. During my recent sojourn to the US I (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Big Church

Has anyone seen (URL) this big church?> I found it by accident on the web, and it was the first I'd seen it. The killer, to me, is that the thing was apparently built for use as an acoustic model, rather than out of the bricaholism that afflicts so (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact