 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2251
Re: Trademark defense doesn't work vs Mega Bloks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 15:31:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
   This critique is especially useful because one of the common complaints I’ve heard RE: MEGABLOKS is that the sets don’t stay together well during assembly. Obviously that’s a gray area, and one’s mileage may vary, but I’ve never quite understood why a half-built model should be judged in terms of completed-model stability? If it stays together upon completion, then that’s a success, IMO.

A model that keeps falling apart while I build it is fustrating. A little bit of this is fine, but if it happens too much, I will give up on the model. My own building style leans towards beefy from start to finish.

That said, I seem to recall a LEGO set that wasn’t as robust as I would have liked it, so this complaint isn’t completely focused on MegaBloks. It just happens more often with those sets and pieces.

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG | CLB