 General / 48665
Re: Trademark defense doesn't work vs Mega Bloks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 23:06:12 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Dave Schuler wrote:
   In lugnet.mediawatch, Matthew Jeffery wrote:
   In lugnet.mediawatch, Erik Olson wrote:
   http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/08-02-2004/0002223318

(Now that I own some Megabloks, I can say whatever I want) that is soft and hard to keep together.

Just for my own curiosity, would you mind indicating which set you own? As a fan of that brand, I try to keep informal track of people’s complaints to see how they mesh with my own experience.

Dave! Want MegaBlok anecdotes? Here are a couple:

After Christmas I got an Alien Agency Mobile Recovery Unit on clearance and gave it to my 8 year-old. He found it very frustrating because the garbage truck would not stay together but fell apart at the slightest touch. (And this kid has experience with bricks-- he is a far better builder than anyone in our family).

A few weeks ago my just turned 11 year old built 9705 Street Rod from a lot of LEGO I had acquired. He says it came apart easier than a LEGO model as he was building it, but it held together well once it was completed and he liked this set.

Just last week I told this same kid he could have all the 9157 Extreme Sports Skatepark pieces he could find from various LEGO lots (we found *four* copies of the instruction book, so I figured he could build this huge park). Unfortunately he didn’t even complete the basic model because he too became frustrated with the tendency of the pieces to fall apart. In the end he just asked if he could have the chrome bikes for his LEGO town.

There you have it Dave!

Maggie C.