 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2242
Re: Clone Parts (and Color ) Inventories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.color
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 2004 12:38:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Paulo Renato wrote:

   Hi Ed,

To tell you the truth, as clone goes, I only know MB and Tyco (and a handful of non-compatible brands, like Tente, etc).

Tyco did have a very nice fitup (0). MB’s is not so good, but it is improving. Now (1) the large round holes in the back of the plates are not round anymore; they did what Lego also did a while ago -- now this holes are more octogonal. This causes a better performance on the fitup. They are also making new kinds (to my knowledge, at least) of basic bricks and plates like 1x6 brick, 1x1 plate, etc.

As for the brands you mention I know a site that sells them but I don’t know if can give it here on Lugnet (2). They sell Shifty at nice prices, I guess, and I’m really tempted to buy some of them. (Well, after your post, I’m certainly going to give it a try!)

I will also try to get some more info there.

A side note. I’m very disappointed how this color change posts turned out. It would be nice if this comunity could fight more strongly the change. I see too many pepole resigned with the change by now. I’m not. And I still believe that old colors might be back. Heck, even if is not LEGO who’ll produce them.

Best regards,

Paulo Renato

(0) And the bricks had just that very lego glow!

(1) Today I’ve just bought set 9789 (a military airplane from Probuilder Military Series) and the design is very cool!; some new parts (like the already mentioned 1x6 brick and 1x1 plate); a very cool clear slope (imagine 2x2 45 degree double slope; now cut it onto two pieces; that’s the MB slope I’m talking about); four 2x1x5 ~81 degree slopes (similar to Lego’s 2x1x3 75 degree slopes, but, 2x1x5, wich might stand for 81 degree). MB is improving indeed!

(2) If not, I send you privately.

Here’s what I’ve found thus far concerning Oxford / Shifty / Brick brand. They appear to owned by COKO.

http://www.uscbs.com/old/tjkg/etjkg.htm

COKO (Tianjin) Toy Co.,Ltd. is a solely American-funded enterprise established in CHINA specializing in producing and handling COKO BRICKS. It is famous for being one of the world’s three top brick toy brands.

COKO BRICKS is divided into two categories--big bricks and small ones. The big category comes in the series of COKO GARDEN, COKO PLAYGROUND, EDUCATIONAL-PURPOSE BRICKS, etc. The small one comes in the series of PIRATE SHIP, AIRPORT, HOSPITALL, FANTASY CASTLE AND MILITARY . Totally more than 130 items in 12 series of configuration are included in COKO BRICKS, each targeting children of different age and gender.

Combining education with recreation, COKO BRICKS make children fully give the reins to their imagination, imitative and creative ability while they are playing with these bricks by using their hands, brains and eyes. Besides, COKO BRICKS are made from non-toxic harmless ABS raw material, they are well accepted by children and their parents all over the world.

Address: South of Dongting Road, Hexi District, Tianjin, China¡ª¡ªZip Code:300222 Tel: 00 86 22 28343308¡ª¡ªFax:00 86 22 28340704