 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2243
Re: New Best-Lock Pirate Skeleton Ship @ TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 2004 21:14:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Paul Maxwell wrote:
I know Best-Lock!?!?!?. But hey, I picked one up yesterday at TRU because this
set has some interesting pieces plus 4 skeleton figs with a handful of new
weapons. The figs limbs have good clutch power and work on lego studs. Also the
weapons work with lego minifigs.

The ship is all black and has a bunch of pirate sails. At $20 for over 400
pieces it is a good price, but I haven't put it together yet so I don't know how
well it will hold together. I just liked it becaues it looked cool.

Paul

There are two indentical ships other than their color and crew.  The all black
and a brown with yellow upper works and more conventional crew.  The figs can be
tossed (clone brands just plain stink at minifigs).  It goes together reasonably
well though there are some just plain cheesy connections - the bow sprit and
rear mast might stick better with some spit.  The cannon are just dreadful.
With some intelligent redesign and drafting a few Lego cannon though it's not a
bad ship for $20 - fans of the Pirate game can build up their fleet for cheap
with these.

-->Bruce<-