 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2247
Re: MB TNG NCC-1701-D
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 13:52:24 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Doug Burkhalter wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Doug Burkhalter wrote:
   Yes, the Enterprise from The Next Generation...sorry, I had to see how many abbreviations I could fit in there. :P

Well, regarding that set, what’s the deal with it? I heard it was supposed to come out in June/July, but I have seen no sign of it anywhere, especially the MB site.

I’m a major Trekkie (NOT Trekker), and the thought of an “official” brick-based construction toy (there are ST Mini-mates, but no sets for ‘em, just characters) is very big to me.

Anyone out there have new news on this?

Hi, Doug!

Bill Connick’s very helpful website indicates that the Enterprise set is now slated for release in September 2004. In the past I’ve seen a few items debut on retail shelves or on Amazon before their official release dates, so maybe that will happen in this case, too. Otherwise, it’s still a month or so before we’ll see it.

But if you spot it before then, let us know!

   Ah, great! Here’s hoping they don’t pull a Half-Life 2. *crosses fingers* I could’ve been wrong about June/July,

Actually, I think you were right. If memory serves, the original release was scheduled for July, but it was pushed back.

   I’ll keep an eye out for it (but I don’t frequent stores that would be most likely to carry it...maybe Wal-Mart will actually run ‘em! Yeah, right...), but if I run into it I’ll be sure to let you know.

If you don’t locate it in your area, then keep your eye on this group--someone is bound to post about it here. I know at least two or three people who will be happy to sound the alarm when the set finally shows up.

Dave!