 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2147 (-20)
  Re: Ill tidings for Built-To-Rule?

(...) I just discovered BTR this weekend, and OH MY GOODNESS. I couldn't believe the level of quality. They are all on half price at my Toys R Us as well, but I didn't take this as a bad sign (at least not bad for BTR), since this is the first time (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MB Enterprise

(...) Yeah, this is the point in the story where that other company is going to be outside the city gates where there's weeping and gnashing of teeth. Yep--I'm on my way to buy my first MB set. It looks beautiful! And if there are more 'Showcase (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Forthcoming MEGABLOKS ventures

(...) After checking out Kevin's link to the Enterprise pic, I snooped around and found this: (URL) These sets are, presumably, intended to support the "Dragons: Fire vs. Ice" animated feature due to air in September. Can't see too much detail from (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MB Enterprise

(...) Hey, stupid--the Ford GT, for one, is part of the Showcase Series. Get your facts straight before you post! Dave! (20 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MB Enterprise

(...) I note with additional interest that the box says "Showcase Series," as if this might be the first (i.e., the flagship!) of a new subset of the ProBuilder line? I wonder what else might show up in that series. Upon further review, I'm a little (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MB Enterprise

(...) This is a neet set! This is better than I had imagined coming from Mega Bloks. Has anyone tried to build this with Lego? Build Well Erik Bush (20 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MB Enterprise

(...) I was going to ask about that, and you were the guy I was going to ask! Thanks for anticipating my question! Dave! (20 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MB Enterprise

(...) Very very cool indeed! I note with interest that the stand/base is also constructed out of bricks (and two wings) rather than a single, juniorized element. Thanks for the picture--I've been scouring the internet with no luck. Dave! (20 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MB Enterprise

(...) Wow that is cool. I was not getting my hopes up after seeing the juniorized Cars Mega Bloks was making, but that is right on par with their military Pro Builder sets. Looks like it is close to scale (or could be modified easily to be in scale) (...) (21 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  MB Enterprise

(URL) cool, IMO. More basic parts than I was expecting. Kevin (21 years ago, 27-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: new MB sets

(...) That's a neat design. Tyco had the corresponding inverted slope--I'll have to compare them once I've gotten my hands on the MEGABLOKS version. You know, this would be a great time for you to jump into the wild world of LDraw-compatible clone (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Army Chopper (was Re: new MB sets)

(...) I picked up the helicopter today. Offically called "9786 Army Chopper". According to the package it has 265 pieces with a price of US$10. Main body is 8 studs wide. The pictures show the military green color that Mega Bloks uses but the parts (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: new MB sets

(...) SNIP (...) You're welcome! (...) 545, plus extras-i usually get extra pieces in MB sets (...) same old 2003 catalog (...) i'm a double fink-i built it too! :D I also found more 'new' pieces: a 1x2 45 degree slope with no studs- so you can make (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: TYCO Calculator?

(...) (URL) another offering of this semi-rare item. Standard disclaimers apply: It's not my auction, I don't know the seller, and I won't be bidding. Good luck to anyone interested! Dave! (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: new MB sets

(...) First, thanks for posting this information! Second, how many pieces are in the set? Third, is a new catalog included, or is it the same one from late 2003 (i.e., does not include the Warthog itself?) Fourth, you're a fink for finding this set (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  new MB sets

at my Claremont, NH W*M, I picked up a $20 A10 Warthog Probuilder model. It has a new molded & printed/painted nose 'cone', a new cockpit, new engine intake/output cowlings, new molded missles & landing gear. it's light & dark gray. on the side of (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Review of Alien Agency sets at Millionaire Playboy

(...) I've seen that site before, and I appreciate the thoroughness of the reviews, even if I differ with their conclusions! Most of the complaints about MEGABLOKS are of the "I don't like the plastic" variety, and in that regard there's not much to (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Review of Alien Agency sets at Millionaire Playboy

(I just find this stuff, I don't name the sites) (URL) somewhat more favorable review of a different MB line: (URL) site is not a LEGO site, it's a toy site. Contrast those reviews with this one: (URL) ) Hope that helps. (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Some cool info

(...) Ah-ha. (...) Odd? (...) Ok, thanks for the clarification. -Mike Petrucelli (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Some cool info

(...) Sorry to psych you out, and sorry about the troublesome links. I'm at work, so I don't know how the links would work with dial-up, but that might be the problem. Anyway, the "minifig" link is to the patent document for the original MEGABLOKS (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact