 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2128
Re: Some cool info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:00:31 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Mike Petrucelli wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
   Found these while browsing:

Minifig

Winged Lion

Galaxy theme battleship

I’m looking for more, though the database isn’t the most search-friendly. I figure there must be more, but I haven’t found them yet.

Dave!

Could you elaborate on what this is. Those links have crashed every browser I tried. (Must not be dial-up friendly) The name ‘galaxy theme battleship’ really has me curious. Might this be related to the new smaller scale stuff? If the price to volume ratio and set design is consistent with the Pro-Builder line I am very interested the smaller scale stuff.

Sorry to psych you out, and sorry about the troublesome links. I’m at work, so I don’t know how the links would work with dial-up, but that might be the problem. Anyway, the “minifig” link is to the patent document for the original MEGABLOKS minifig. The “winged lion” is the one from the Legend sets of the mid-90’s, and the “Galaxy theme battleship” is from the Planetoids series, also from the 90’s.

The images for the site load in a way that is unfamiliar to me. They seem to load into Quicktime within the browser, rather than as PDF documents or even JPGs or GIFs.

The search engine for the patent site is a bit tricky to navigate. I’ve only found a dozen or so MEGABLOKS patents, and most of those are for the Primo- and Duplo-style stuff. If I can find anything more recent, I’ll post here.

Dave!