 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1842 (-20)
  Re: A serious clone question

(...) I resemble that remark!!! But in all seriousness Richard, labelling purists idiots I find very arrogant and just a little offensive - it is simply a choice some people make, maybe for brand loyalty, maybe for a greater challenge - whatever the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) Well, I'd have to disagree and say "probably". My main focus is technic, and several great MOCs have been announced and discussed in the technic group which use modified LEGO, or totally user-created parts (the obvious example is John Barnes' (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A serious clone question

Purists are idiots. I can't think of another situation in which someone would have this kind of insane brand loyalty when working with a particular medium. "Get that Grumbacher oil paint out of my studio, it's Winsor & Newton or nothing for me!!!" (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MEGA BLOK tile/plate

(...) Neither. See: (URL) The face of the tile is 5x5 with no interior studs. The backside has tubes and "pits." The edges do not have a lip, or groove for fingernail gripping -- they are flat down the sides. If such a tile were to be placed (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A serious clone question

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Terry Prosper wrote: **snip of my clones-ok-in-the-MOC-group question*** (...) Makes sense. That's why I thought a feeler question was a better way to start than with a dozen "Hey Look At My Clones" postings. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A serious clone question

I'd say no. This is a site dedicated to LEGO products (IMO), so the promotion of MOC done with clones wouldn't respect that fact. Also, and maybe more importantly, I, like many others, have no interest whatsoever in MOC made with clone parts. A (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  MEGA BLOK tile/plate

Hi All: The MEGA BLOKS Dragons chess set appeared to include a 4x4 plate without the four central studs on top. Could someone who has that set look at (URL) this image> and let me know which design is correct, if either? Thanks for your help. Dave! (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: New Mega Bloks Military sets found.

(...) Yeah, the same is true of the Alien Agency line. Not sure what to make of it, if anything, especially since the basic MEGA BLOK minifig is available in several colors. Dave! (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: New Mega Bloks Military sets found.

(...) Hey, I just noticed something. All of the troops are flesh tone. The odd part of that is they are all "white." Don't know if that has any significance beyond a simple oversight or not, but I am sure some people might take offense. -Mike (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: New Mega Bloks Military sets found.

(...) Mike was kind enough to email the pictures to me for posting on an additional site to maximize viewership. Here it (URL) is>. It may be somewhat slow to load. Please note the rail elements in the 1st inventory picture. These first appeared in (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: New Mega Bloks Military sets found.

(...) That's awesome--I'm always looking for new ways to arm my minifigs. Gun control has no place in my brick universe! (...) If you wouldn't mind emailing them, I'd be happy to receive them. I'll even repost them on freewebs, if you'd like. Dave! (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New Mega Bloks Military sets found.

(...) Wow how did I forget that. Yes there are three new weapons included. 2 psuedo ak-47s, 2 psuedo sub-machine guns, and one psuedo combat shotgun. (...) That's odd it works for me. You probably have to have cookies turned on or something stupid (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New Mega Bloks Military sets found.

(...) I was afraid of that--it looked that way in the picture on Marzdistribution.com, but I was in denial. (...) Are any new weapons included? (...) Maybe they only fly in the airspace above Los Angeles? Thanks as always for the info! Dave! (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  New Mega Bloks Military sets found.

I was at Wal-Mart and up on the top shelf they had new Command Ops sets. So I got one. The Good: brick red "stone" bricks in 2x4 and 1x2. Oddly, even though the Vorgans attack had "stone" 2x2 bricks, this set has normal 2x2 bricks. The Bad: The (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  new Best-Lock @ Wal*Mart

at my local WM, they have 3 new Best-Lock sets, all tan/desert military: APC, Blackhawk-ish helicoptor, & tank. each is $6.??. Sets have new sandbag pc., gas tank pc., grass pc., & oddly, you assemble the minifigs now & comes with one extra hand for (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega Bloks + Bandai sets

(...) Whoa! Those are awesome! -Mike Petrucelli (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: New "stone" brick sizes in Dragons sets.

(...) I don't really think thats needed. They are identical to the 2x4 bricks except for the sizes. (...) Nope haven't seen those but I have definitely been looking. (...) No but it has a 'snap shut' jaw, hinges in its shoulders so they can move out (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega Bloks + Bandai sets

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Ka-On Lee wrote: (URL) Must...have...vultur...kull...!!! -- Hop-Frog (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Mega Bloks + Bandai sets

(...) ***snip of links*** I'm not a big fan of the Power Rangers, but these sets look to have a great assortment of pieces. The modular Zord-elements don't really do much for me, but other elements look great. Thanks for the links! Dave! (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New "stone" brick sizes in Dragons sets.

(...) That's fantastic! Is there any way you can post a scan of the 2x2 and 1x2 bricks? And did you happen to see a $4.99 Vorgan tin? I've only spotted the knight-style tins so far, but no Vorgans locally. By the way, does the demon dragon mutant (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact