 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1831
Re: New Mega Bloks Military sets found.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:18:05 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Mike Petrucelli wrote:
I was at Wal-Mart and up on the top shelf they had new Command Ops sets. So I
got one.

The Good: brick red "stone" bricks in 2x4 and 1x2. Oddly, even though the
Vorgans attack had "stone" 2x2 bricks, this set has normal 2x2 bricks.

The Bad: The humvee is seriously Juniorized.

  I was afraid of that--it looked that way in the picture on
Marzdistribution.com, but I was in denial.

Total awesome: This set is only 10 US$ and has 5 army guys. That makes me
feel the Vorgan's Attack was a rip off.

Are any new weapons included?

Wow how did I forget that. Yes there are three new weapons included. 2 psuedo
ak-47s, 2 psuedo sub-machine guns, and one psuedo combat shotgun.

See for your self: (about 200k)
http://members.fortunecity.com/lord_insanity/nwmegblk.html

I can't see the images; Fortunecity is blocking them with its lovely logo.

That's odd it works for me. You probably have to have cookies turned on or
something stupid like that. If you want I can e-mail you the pics. It is about
200k but it includes the inventory sheets. :-)

It appears that there are four factions. The bad guys in brick red, the army
in green, the air force in tan, and the navy in blue. Kind of weird that they
didn't make bad guys grey or something. Then again its kind of wierd that the
air force guys are in tan.

Maybe they only fly in the airspace above Los Angeles?

lol.

-Mike Petrucelli