 MediaWatch / 666 (-20)
  LEGO reference in the Atlanta Journal Vent section..

The AJC has a section in the paper were people send in their little remarks to either complain or sometimes praise current events. Today I noticed a LEGO remark....and no I didn't submitt it. (URL) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego in my X-word clue

(...) I worked that crossword as well (and no, I didn't use (URL) ) and my reaction was about the same as when I run across a computer-related clue. Since that's what I do for a living, there's no way I'm going to make the same association as the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.fun)

  Lego in my X-word clue

I got a clue in a crossword last week that went something like: "Legos can be placed like this" answer: "endtoend" -Suz (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.fun)

  Re: LEGO makes Time Magazine

(...) (URL) (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO makes Time Magazine

(...) Well, I'll bite. I haven't seen the magazine yet (and probably won't... our household tends towards Forbes and The Economist as news sources rather than Time). But I just spent a little time scrolling through the reverse chrono list and I did (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO makes Time Magazine

(...) Of course it's "new", because TIME just learned about it! ;-) And you are just ahead of your time, J-1:-) -J-2 (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO makes Time Magazine

(...) Ah! that explains our 12 memberships in one day.. :-) ..and one of them's 'fav artist' choice! ;-) -Suz (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO makes Time Magazine

(...) This does beg the question whether this is a "new" trend or not. If yes, some reasons might include: 1. It's 20-30 years after a big push with Legos in the 70's (possibly due to the introduction of minifigs?). More kids building Legos grow up (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO makes Time Magazine

Ok... I tracked down a copy. The issue specifics: TIME magazine, 17 June 2002 Written up under 'Trend Alert', page 16 lower right corner. I could not find reference to it on their website (www.time.com) cheers, eric PS: this makes the second (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO makes Time Magazine

(...) Is it still a "new" trend if we've been building (as adults) for 20 years? But yes, "Congrats" to Eric!! :-) John G, GMLTC (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO makes Time Magazine

Hmmm... this is news to me... guess I'll have to track down a copy. eric (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO makes Time Magazine

I'm surprised that no one here has reported that the current Time Magazine contains a quarter page item on an "amazing new trend": adults like to build things with LEGO! The story mentions Eric Harshbarger (congrats Eric!). -Ted Michon (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Professor Chris Rogers Visits Australia

"Professor Rogers is an Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering who is currently on a Fulbright fellowship in New Zealand. He heads the LEGO Design and Programming System Project at Tufts University in Boston USA, where the ROBOLAB software (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: MTV Video Completely Made From Lego Stop Motion!

(...) I was in Circuit City recently and it was showing on the in-house system in the DVD, CD Music Section. Todd (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  MTV Video Completely Made From Lego Stop Motion!

Hi everyone. I saw this once in Las Vegas about a month ago and was going to post it but completely forgot. Then last night when I was just browsing through channels I came across MTV. I had just caught the beginning of a music video which was (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  LEGO COMPANY AND NBA BUILD COMPREHENSIVE GLOBAL ALLIANCE

(URL) COMPANY AND NBA BUILD COMPREHENSIVE GLOBAL ALLIANCE NEW YORK, MAY 30, 2002 – The LEGO Company and the National Basketball Association have reached an agreement for a comprehensive multi-year global merchandising and marketing alliance that (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.lego)

  Lego Company Responds to Judgement

(URL) Company Responds to Judgment ---...--- Story Filed: Friday, May 31, 2002 3:27 PM EST BILLUND, Denmark, May 31, 2002 (Canada NewsWire via COMTEX) -- The Federal Court of Canada has issued a judgment dated May 24, 2002 dismissing an action for (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Federal Court Throws out Lego's Trademark Case...

(URL) court throws out Lego's trademark case against Mega Bloks Inc. Associated Press Fri May 31,12:12 PM ET MONTREAL - A court has dismissed a trademark case involving Lego Canada Inc., in which the producer of the popular building-block toys (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Toys Bring Out Kid in Corporate America

(URL) bring out kid in Corporate America Wed May 29, 8:38 AM ET Bruce Horovitz USA TODAY Push those paperweights and penholders off the desk. Make way for corporate- colored Silly Putty eggs and Etch A Sketch boards etched with company logos. The (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto in National Post!

(...) Hey, now THAT is pretty cool-rtlToronto, worldwide, courtesy of your friendly neighbourhood multinational media conglomerate that repurposes materials. Thanks for the link, Ross! Calum (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact