 Marketplace / Theory / 591
Re: What some people will buy!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 14:22:38 GMT

John J. Ladasky Jr. <ladasky@my-deja.com> wrote in message
news:384E04DF.639717E2@my-deja.com...
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=210340270
I suppose y'all saw the closing bid?  $128.51.  That's $5.59 a piece.
Troy Cerfatti was right, not a single piece was unique -- or, for that
matter, large or special in any way.

*Plus* there's shipping... want to bet it gets sent insured?

There is no way that someone could provide proof of value for an insurance
claim of $128.51 on this set.  I don't think USPS accepts auction results as
adequate proof.  Unless the seller provides the insurance, the buyer will be
SOL if it gets lost, insured or otherwise.

-Rob.