 Marketplace / Theory / 590
Re: What some people will buy!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 13:56:06 GMT

$128 was a snip. While I am sure 1000's were made, very few of them seem to
be in collectors hands for some reason. It was a Europe only set.

I traded a used one with mint box  and instructions to Todd when I
"discovered" the set in 1997 for a MISB <censored>

(I'm already in his bad books, I won't make matters worse by revealing what
:-) )

Huw

John J. Ladasky Jr. <ladasky@my-deja.com> wrote in message

I wrote:

Hey there,

Get a load of this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=210340270

23 pieces, currently going for... $71.00.

I suppose y'all saw the closing bid?  $128.51.  That's $5.59 a piece.
Troy Cerfatti was right, not a single piece was unique -- or, for that
matter, large or special in any way.

*Plus* there's shipping... want to bet it gets sent insured?

Some classic yellow castles (set #375/6075) haven't gone for that much.
And at least yellow castles have a full 779 pieces to recommend them,
including the rare yellow extreme slopes.

--
John J. Ladasky Jr., Ph.D.
Department of Structural Biology