 Marketplace / Auctions / 3593
Re: What some people will buy!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 00:12:15 GMT

You've got to be kidding? Is that set really worth that much? I thought
the maidens cart was crazy enough, that much money for a 42 piece
set...  granted I understand part of the reason for that one, though
other than the directions for this set all the pieces are common right?
At one time I understood the completist attitude.. I don't anymore...

Tamy

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.market.auction, Tamyra Teed writes:
These is really insane, have you seen the final bid? 128.some odd
cents.. This has got to be close if not a record for insane prices...

I bought a copy of that same set from Huw for $400.  (Actually, I think it
involved a trade too, but that was the value we agreed upon.)  I was pretty
happy to get it that cheap (back in 1997, I think).

--Todd

--
Keep on Bricken'
-Tamy

Follow the bouncing boxes!
http://home.att.net/~mookie1/jambalaya.html
Make me mad and I'll call you a brick biter!
http://home.att.net/~mookie1/
http://mookie.iwarp.com/   (mirror site)