 Marketplace / Theory / 334
Re: why eBay proxy bidding is broken
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 06:17:28 GMT

Larry Pieniazek (lar@voyager.net) wrote:

Others do not. but to me it's just one more example of why eBay is
deficient. Pretty much every time I examine some facet, I find something
I don't like. Amazing, really, that it has done so well anyway. but so
be it.

E-bay now has the popularity/momentum/visibility to do just about whatever
they want and continue to get away with it.  I find it unfortunate that their
somewhat sloppy idea of online auctioning is now considered the standard.

Steve
--
Barb & Steve Demlow  |  demlow@visi.com  |  www.visi.com/~demlow/