 Marketplace / Theory / 335
Re: Do people contact the sellers for better descriptions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 07:04:43 GMT

Scott Smallbeck (scotts@contactics.com) wrote:

Do most bidder simply take a look at the description and reject it out of
hand if it is a bad description?

I have gotten in the habit of asking clarifying questions.  However, even
that is far from foolproof.  People seem to think "good condition" means
"not totally slagged"; even after explicitly questions like "bitten/chewed/
damaged, yellow/discolored?" the last two lots I bought on e-bay have been
in pretty bad shape despite assurances to the contrary.  I've had the same
problem with missing parts/instructions, etc.  Fortunately the sellers have
also been reasonable about refunds/adjustments so far.

I am leaning more and more towards buying only from people I "recognize"
who can be trusted to give accurate descriptions, and avoiding the drive-by
kids/parents who decide to dump their collection and have no domain knowledge
of LEGO.  Too bad...

Steve
--
Barb & Steve Demlow  |  demlow@visi.com  |  www.visi.com/~demlow/