 Marketplace / Theory / 1746
Re: FS-Pirate & Town Sets Mint In Sealed Boxes/Pack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 00:38:26 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Paul Rutenberg writes:
Hello Todd
Sorry you see it that way, but i don't, a sealed bid is a normal item used
by the biggesat auction houses in the world, both Sotheby's and Christies
use it, they are just called sealed bid auctions and not O.B.O.s.

Yup -- exactly!  SBA's and OBO's are simply two different names for the same
thing.

SBA's are perfectly welcome in .market.auction and OBO's are perfectly
welcome in .market.buy-sell-trade.

To me its just a let me see how much my Lego is worth right now, if nobody
bids enough for it, i will just write everybody who bid an email that says
i sold it to somebody else, seems like a quite a bit of waste of time and
space here for
things like that-
If he would say set XXX $70,00 or best offer by end of the week, that would
be a O.B.O.
Like i said he has a closed bid Auction with a reserve price, don't get what
i want, don't sell, who is going to know the difference??

There isn't any difference.

--Todd