 Marketplace / Theory / 1735
Re: FS-Pirate & Town Sets Mint In Sealed Boxes/Pack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:30:00 GMT

Hello Todd
Sorry you see it that way, but i don't, a sealed bid is a normal item used by
the biggesat auction houses in the world, both Sotheby's and Christies use it,
they are just called sealed bid auctions and not O.B.O.s.
To me its just a let me see how much my Lego is worth right now, if nobody bids
enough for it, i will just write everybody who bid an email that says i sold it
to somebody else, seems like a quite a bit of waste of time and space here for
things like that-
If he would say set XXX $70,00 or best offer by end of the week, that would be
a O.B.O.
Like i said he has a closed bid Auction with a reserve price, don't get what
i want, don't sell, who is going to know the difference??
Later
Paul