 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9177
Re: FS-Pirate & Town Sets Mint In Sealed Boxes/Pack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:01:56 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Paul Rutenberg writes:
Hello
Thought you had something for sale and not setting up your own little Auction
house here in buy/sell/trade, what you are doing here is wrong, and absolutly
in the wrong place, want to Auction, put it in an Auction house where i can see
if i have bid enough or not, what are you going to do with peaple that bid
$1.00 under somebody else, write him and ask if he wants to bid more??
If you have something for sale, put a price on it or go to Ebay.
Paul
Lugnet 567

I agree with you, but we're in the minority. Todd has decided that OBO (or
best offer) sales (sealed bid auctions) are not auctions in the meaning that
the ToS uses and therefore are allowed here.

There are a lot of posts discussing this in admin.general... you can even
find Todd's exact post where he uses an analogy to make his case (a scarf is
not a glove, or something like that, I forget and am too lazy to look it up)
that posting a list of items, asking for offers (sealed bids) and selling to
the highest offer (bidder) is not an auction.

It's best to let this go, we're not likely to win.

++Lar