 Marketplace / Theory / 1441
Re: auczilla XII: got yours yet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 17:47:40 GMT

I can relate to the Auczilla shipping delay problems. In another part of my
life, I was responsible for sending out sheet music to people on a monthly
basis. I got 50 requests, each for 10 songs, each month. I had to spend 6 - 8
hours figuring out how many of each song to copy, 8 hours in front of a FAST
copier, and another 30 hours collating songs into packages matching each order.

And this was with easily handled, and easily recognized sheet music. I can just
imagine what it would be like for all those tiny Lego parts....

I suppose it would be possible for Todd to pre-package each lot (which I think
he does) but there's STILL a huge amount of "picking" of lots into the
winning orders that must happen - and then there's checking what has been sent,
which he is meticulous about.

All in all, I think that Todd does a great job, considering he also has to
manage LUGNET (not an easy task), keep the house clean (with all that Lego
around), and keep Suzanne happy (perhaps an easy job, I don't know).

I think of Auczilla as a way to increase my own inventory for future projects,
not as a way to get something I need right now. For that, I talk to individuals
and make trades.

Just my $.02
Paul Sinasohn
bearitone@my-deja.com