 Marketplace / Theory / 1334
Re: Was P.T.Barnum Right? -Or- Should I feel Guilty?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 03:05:08 GMT

Rich Manzo wrote:

I've pored over the T&C of eBay pretty closely and there is nothing that
requires you to collect the entire amount of the winning bid. You are • obligated
to sell the goods to the high bidder and you are obligated to charge no more
than what the bid  is (plus shipping and money transfer costs if you said • those
were extra) but you are NOT obligated to charge the bid price exactly.

This puts a whole new spin on things. I thought that the seller was oblgated
to sell at that price. John, your choice just got harder.  :)

Ebay still takes its cut from the bid price though, right?  So you'd
have to factor that into the final cost, too.

Chris

--
Remove the nospam machine name in my email address to send a personal
reply.