 Marketplace / Theory / 1325
Re: Was P.T.Barnum Right? -Or- Should I feel Guilty?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 18:52:17 GMT

If the bidder understands that he is paying more than what he can buy them
for retail, then John shouldn't feel guilty. If John was pitching them as
"Rare Green Bricks", and someone id'ed as John recently did that, I don't
think I could support the deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=314086817

Actually, I don't think that this is a bad auction,

400x.10=$40 worth of brcks.  So, it is in my book a 'fair' auction, the start
price was reasonable, and paying a premium for some colours/styles is to be
expected.

I woudn't pay that, but that is a personal choice.  I'd pay .05 for white
1x4's, because that is what I value them at, no other reason.

James P