 Marketplace / Theory / 1331
Re: Was P.T.Barnum Right? -Or- Should I feel Guilty?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 21:23:57 GMT

  Usually S@H sells older sets from two to three years ago, so I was
  surprised when they carried the Forbidden Ruins set, and I felt kind
  of guilty after the auction had already ended and you'd sent your
  money order.  Of course, I didn't get it at that price either...  :)
  I had purchased four, decided I only wanted two, and the rest is
  Ebay history.

I suppose you can also always tell them after they've paid and left
feedback...  :)

Chris

P.S.  Again, these are just my personal views that I'm sharing because
     I know you all have nothing better to do than read this.  I'm
     not saying that anybody is right or wrong, just that this is the
     path that *I* feel most comfortable with.  And if it helps someone
     out, great!  If not, I hope I was at least mildly entertaining.
:)

I can see your point. I recently had the same dilemma as John. For the
longest time I had a 6755 Sheriff's Lock Up on Brickfan for $30.00. It never
sold so I put it on ebay. It turned out that I got $53.00. I felt bad but I
knew that this was the price that this bidder wanted to pay. On Brickfan I try
to be fair with the prices and try to save the customer as much money as
possible, but with eBay you are obligated to sell at the price the bidder
wants it at, whether you gain money or loose money. That is what ebay is all
about, you sell to the highest bidder at the price that he wants to pay, and
if he wants to pay that much, all the more better for you. :)

The bottom line is that if you are happy at the price it sold for, and the
customer is happy with his items, it was a good transaction. :)

-Rich
looking for discontinued sets MISB?
http://www.brickfan.bigstep.com