 Marketplace / Theory / 1333
Re: Was P.T.Barnum Right? -Or- Should I feel Guilty?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 02:50:16 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.market.theory, Rich Manzo writes:

...  with eBay you are obligated to sell at the price the bidder
wants it at, whether you gain money or loose money.

Well, technically, this is not exactly true, or at least it wasn't last time I
checked.

I've pored over the T&C of eBay pretty closely and there is nothing that
requires you to collect the entire amount of the winning bid. You are • obligated
to sell the goods to the high bidder and you are obligated to charge no more
than what the bid  is (plus shipping and money transfer costs if you said • those
were extra) but you are NOT obligated to charge the bid price exactly.

Interesting....I did not know this.

You can charge less if you so choose.

And in fact I have done just that very thing. It was with a 1775.

The bottom line is that if you are happy at the price it sold for, and the
customer is happy with his items, it was a good transaction. :)

This puts a whole new spin on things. I thought that the seller was oblgated
to sell at that price. John, your choice just got harder.  :)

-Rich
Looking for discontinued sets MISB?
http://www.brickfan.bigstep.com