 Marketplace / Shopping / 8732
Re: Walmart Clearance?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 06:28:25 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, James Seibert writes:
if a manager is tired of continually discounting the merchandise, the
manager can discount the price to zero, and then trash the item.

Oh . . . the humanity!

That is very disturbing information.  I have never heard of this before.  I
wonder if other chains do this.

It just reaffirms that I should hit up more Walmarts to save the Lego sets
from this dire fate as I did today.  I was averaging about 60-70% off on $50
sets.  Gonna hit two more tomorrow, hopefully the bounty will continue to flow.

I love Walmart!!!