 Marketplace / Shopping / 8730
Re: Walmart Clearance?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 05:12:35 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, James Seibert writes:

And don't even think of dumpster diving, they prosecute for theft property,
even their trash. No, I have not tried it. Although if dumpster of Lego is
out there, I will be sorely tempted.

I heard about this once a few years back. The person who described it to me
said something to the effect... "we make it not resaleable, then dump some red
paint on the pile of stuff in the dunpster". I was always a bit skeptical, but
in extreme cases I suppose it might be possible. Most WalMarts always try to get
some return from the stuff.

Then theres a little WM not all that far from me... twice in the past week I
raided a pile of christmas stuff they are trying to get rid of. Bags of
christmas bows have been reduced to 10-cents. I must have 30 bags stashed away
so far (gave some to all my friends). Target slashed their christmas stuff to
90% off last week. Several Targets had large quantites of boxes of candy canes
(orig $0.99) for $0.09. Or as the price scanner says " 0.$9 ", bad firmware !

Ray