 Marketplace / Shopping / 8743
Re: Walmart Clearance?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:48:30 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Rose Regner writes:

Where are you? I went by one yesterday and everything was still 25%-30%.

I'm in southern california.  I won't give my exact locations until I sweep
my area.  I know I'm greedy. :)

I've been visiting target and walmart every other day for the past couple
days.  For some reason the planets aligned yesterday and all the sales
converged at once for me.

Walmart just moved stuff to the clearance isle yesterday.  There were a
couple sets that I had not seen previously that were badly beaten but hey
they were cheap.  I found an array of star wars sets, life on mars, some
studio sets and soccer.

Some of this stuff may go to discount Liquidators. Liquidator World puts out
new "stuff" each Friday and they sell it like a progressive sale. You pay
the most on Friday and by the following Thursday they are giving the stuff
away. I was at one yesterday that had four "Boxes" 6'x6'x6'". I have seen
clearance stickers from Fred Meyer and Costco stuff. Most of it is
unsaleable but perfectly fine. Last Friday I found a 3409 Soccer Field Set
for $10, box was badly crunched but all the parts were fine. Yesterday I
found two racer sets for 25 cents each. (I finally found the price point at
which I would buy them).

I think the stores just sell a load of the stuff they don't want to LW for x
dollars per box and then LW unloads them to us.

In addition to this Fire sales, LW get regular Lego a couple of times a
year. This year it was Adventurers, SW and LOM, Technic. About half were
2001 sets.

This place sounds fun.  Which part of the states is this chain in?

sun