 Marketplace / Shopping / 8739
Re: Walmart Clearance?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:38:41 GMT

"sun yun" <solasphere@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:GprGnD.6G3@lugnet.com...
It just reaffirms that I should hit up more Walmarts to save the Lego sets
from this dire fate as I did today.  I was averaging about 60-70% off on • $50
sets.  Gonna hit two more tomorrow, hopefully the bounty will continue to
flow.

Where are you? I went by one yesterday and everything was still 25%-30%.

Some of this stuff may go to discount Liquidators. Liquidator World puts out
new "stuff" each Friday and they sell it like a progressive sale. You pay
the most on Friday and by the following Thursday they are giving the stuff
away. I was at one yesterday that had four "Boxes" 6'x6'x6'". I have seen
clearance stickers from Fred Meyer and Costco stuff. Most of it is
unsaleable but perfectly fine. Last Friday I found a 3409 Soccer Field Set
for $10, box was badly crunched but all the parts were fine. Yesterday I
found two racer sets for 25 cents each. (I finally found the price point at
which I would buy them).

I think the stores just sell a load of the stuff they don't want to LW for x
dollars per box and then LW unloads them to us.

In addition to this Fire sales, LW get regular Lego a couple of times a
year. This year it was Adventurers, SW and LOM, Technic. About half were
2001 sets.