 Marketplace / Shopping / 8464
Re: K-Mart Sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 08:38:27 GMT

AMEN! Thank you, Todd, for writing this! It was just the reframing I needed. I
loved the part about them making a mistake, but you pointing out that clearance
sales were final. Awesome!

I consider myself a proactive consumer, but it's very helpful to be reminded of
some of the ways to stay in control of a sales situation.

Remember folks, when you have a problem with any store, before you go to the
manager, you should know exactly what you want to ask for. A manager's worst
nightmare is a dissatisfied customer that doesn't know what he wants. And the
manager does not want to figure out a solution for you, he (or she) just wants you
to go away and not be a problem for him. So tell him exactly what he has to do to
make you do that. 90% of the time, he'll cooperate, and you'll both be glad to be
done with it.

Rick Clark

"Can I give you two guys a friendly piece of advice, okay? Don't ever go up to the
drive-through, okay? Always walk up to the counter. You know why? Okay, okay, okay.
They ---- you at the drive-through, okay? They ---- you at the drive-through! They
know you're gonna be miles away before you find out you got ------, okay? They know
you're not gonna turn around and go back. So they don't care!"
-- Leo Getz (Joe Pesci) in "Lethal Weapon 2"

sun yun wrote:

I am inspired by your writings.  Power to the people!
sun

In lugnet.market.shopping, Todd Thuma writes:

<snip amazing testimonial>