 Marketplace / Shopping / 8431
Re: K-Mart Rant (Was: Re: K-Mart Sale)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 02:21:53 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Rick Clark writes:
Okay, end of rant. Thanks for listening. Beware of K-Mart.

My Non-Lego-Significant-Other refuses to go to the K-Mart near me -- she
claims the place is just too disgusting for her to step foot inside of it.
And actually it's true -- there is often foodstuffs, spit, vomit,
what-have-you all over the place.  One of the reasons I sometimes want to go
there is because the Lego aisle is so trashed that I can take a peak inside
of sets that the kids have opened.  The last time I talked her into going
there, there weren't any good deals but I got the chance to look inside of a
Snafu's Junkyard which I had never seen before.

Once, and this is pretty weird if you think about it, there was an oldish
Aquazone set in the clearance aisle that had been opened -- but inside the
box, instead of the normal set's elements there were old trashed bricks
including some from Space Police I.  I have no idea what explains that...

The place is a joke.  I don't know about the whole chain, but many of the
ones I have seen have been very poorly staffed, cleaned, etc.  And as you
say, the help is less than helpful...

-- Hop-Frog