 Marketplace / Shopping / 8433
Re: K-Mart Rant - the Good with the Bad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 14:24:09 GMT

I agree.  K-Marts are some of the trashiest stores.  However, I have
typically found a majority of my good deals here.  I think that it is a
combination of the fact that they are sloppy with shelving thier items and
slack about tagging thier clearance items with the clearance prices.
Clearance items are randomly shelved with regular priced items, and the
whole section is usually just a huge mess.  Since they seldom get around to
marking and seperating clearance sets, I can walk into a store, and if I
know what I am looking for (thanks in large part to this newsgroup) I can
find unmarked clearance sets that the average Lego buyer doesn't know about.
Just yesterday, I walked in one during lunch and found 3 Podracer Buckets
for $10 each.  Christmas prestents for me and the nephews!  They were
shelved with everything else and were not specially marked as being
discounted.  A lady in line asked me where I found them, and I said they
were just in the Lego section.  She said she didn't see them, but that
didn't suprise me.  That is a case in point as to why I find so many good
deals at K-Mart.  Basically, those who read this newsgroup can spot deals
that the average shopper won't.
David