 Marketplace / Shopping / 8430
8429  |  8431
Subject:
K-Mart Rant (Was: Re: K-Mart Sale)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 01:45:43 GMT

So here's why I don't like KMart:
I go in to my local K-Mart, hearing about the sale here on LUGNET (Thanks
Milissa!) The LEGO aisle has a half dozen signs saying "As Advertised! All LEGO
20% off. Sale ends 12/12/01" I pick up what I need, go to the register in the
electronics department (since there's no one waiting), and it all rings up at
full price. "No, no," I say, "it's all 20% off. There are signs."
Matronly cashier lady looks at me like I've spit on the counter, and goes to
check the aisle. Comes back with all the signs in her hand. She re-rings the
sale, giving me the 20% off. Fine.
I ask, "Will I still be able to come back and get the 20% off through the rest
of the sale?"
"Well, the dates on these signs are probably wrong." Nevermind that maybe the
computers were programmed wrong (again!!). My guess is that if it is the
computers that are wrong, it's still easier to just take down the signs. Then
no one else will bug them about it.
"Well," I say, "the sale was advertised. I might like to come back and get some
additional sets tonight or tomorrow. If you don't put the signs back, and
you're not here, how will the cashier know to ring up the discount?"
So she calls up to the service desk. Talk, talk talk. The service desk will
give me a card entititling me to the 20% through Tuesday. Okay, thank you very
much.
I leave amidst the dirty looks of the cashier, and the other four people that
came up behind me during the past FIVE MINUTES IT TOOK FOR ME TO GET THE
DISCOUNT THAT THEY ADVERTISED IN THEIR OWN STORE!

This was not an isolated incident. At this particular store at least, every
time their computers ring up a sale incorrectly, and I ask for the adjustment,
I get attitude like it's my fault. Disgraceful.

Okay, end of rant. Thanks for listening. Beware of K-Mart.

Rick Clark

Mark & Milissa Millère wrote:

I was in my local K-Mart (Charleston,SC) and scanned several Lego sets.
They ALL came up 25% off.
So I kept scanning and lo and behold, every Lego set, even the newer sets,
were 25% off.
Hopefully this a chain-wide sale.  I have not seen it advertised in any sale
flyer nor is it marked on any shelves in the store.
I checked the sale on 2 different days (3 days apart) and it is still
running as of 12/10.

Happy Holidays and Happy Shopping.

Thanx,

Milissa Millère