 Marketplace / Shopping / 8012
Re: Is WM about to clearance 7140 X-wing ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 02:15:35 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mark Sandlin writes:
Thomas (T. J.) Avery at thomas.avery@intec-hou.com wrote:

I was wondering about this myself. The other day, someone on the SEALUG mail
list informed us that WM was clearancing Technic C-3P0. I went to WM and
walked around the Toy section for about 5 minutes before I realized they
moved the LEGO to the other side of the bicycles, next to the garden stuff.
I found the clearance items over on the end cap. I picked up a C-3P0 and a
Grip n Go Challenge, both for 50% off.

I am curious why they moved the LEGO to a location that isn't with all the
rest of the toys.

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head

I have been in 2 WM's so far in New York State that have moved the Lego to
right where you describe it.  What freaked me out was that a few weeks ago I
was there buying Lego and 2 days later EVERY item in the toy department had
been moved.  I almost gave up looking for the Lego until I spied it on the side
wall.
This new location tends to get far less traffic so may be a poor move.
However, the shelf space available for Lego is now almost doubled.
So perhaps Lego petitioned for more shelf space and this is the spot WM put
them in.  Or perhaps the new location is an experiment ....hmmmmm...

__Kevin Salm__

.