 Marketplace / Shopping / 7995
Re: Is WM about to clearance 7140 X-wing ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:27:14 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, James Aldrich writes:
Ray Sanders wrote:

Anyone else out there notice this in
their local WMs ?

Y'know, I visit my local WM on a regular basis and I have never seen
a LEGO product discounted there.  Hmpf.

Don't buy so much? Buy a lot and then after they reorder, don't buy any?

Seriously, there seems to be some correlation between clearancing and how
much the stock turns or moves and how close to the right quantities (in
reorders) they can get. Run efficiently... no clearance.

WM is perhaps the best in the entire retail industry at this and gaining
ground steadily on its rivals although Target is close behind. KM on the
other hand is all over the map with selling expenses 2x that of WM and
getting worse. Hence the frequent BOGOs...

Blame companies like mine, we make it easier to tie systems together to keep
track of this sort of stuff, or blame companies that write software to
accurately forecast demand.