 Marketplace / Shopping / 6624
Re: Final Round of Target Clearance.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 03:53:18 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Tom Stangl writes:
AS USUAL, the Bay Area is stubbornly refusing to drop prices along with the
rest of
the nation.

As well it should: of the 3 Targets I've checked this week, two were down to
single-digit quantities of sets on clearance,  and the third was barely into
the teens.  Ditto for Wal-Mart. Why would they want to increase their losses
when half-off does so well at emptying the shelves?

If you want cheap sets that badly,  you'll just have to move someplace where
there isn't so much disposable income cruising the clearance aisles in search
of holes to disappear into  ;-)

Ran