 Marketplace / Shopping / 6678
Re: More Wacky Target Clearance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 23:21:33 GMT

  ...And in the "always check back" department, I had a hunch
  that today might see discounts that were missed yesterday.
  I called a few stores and they vehemently denied that anything
  had been further discounted since yesterday, but somehow I was
  still skeptical and decided to check it out for myself.

I totally agree with this approach!  I hit a couple local Targets this
afternoon with some success.  The first one had nothing.  I mean no
clearances.  On anything.  It was like Christmas never happened.  Very
strange...  The second yielded a nice find.  A Destroyer Droid for $12.44, a
Best Lock SCUD set for $7.44 (I just wanted the instructions ;-) ), and...
the FOTW, a Movie Maker Studio Set for $44.94!!!!  Can't wait to tear into
that little baby!!!

  was discounted!  So I landed 15 7144 Slave Is (Boba Fetts are
  spoken for already, sorry), 6 7131 Anakin Podracers, 4 Speeder
  Bikes (7128), and 6 7101 Lightsabre Duels.  Not bad, but the

I was also able to land 10 Slave I's, 3 Anakin Pod's, 2 Destroyer's, a
handful of small castle sets, some Speeder Bikes, and the small Dino car.
Not too shabby...  This all came on Friday

  uniform--luck.  I'm getting tired of going on these 80-mile
  jaunts every morning "just in case".  At least there's now
  something to show for it!  So go back and check each day, if
  you can--you never know what might surface or suddenly discount.

Luckily, I have a few Target's I can hit on my way to work!

Eric