 Marketplace / Shopping / 6621
Re: More Wacky Target Clearance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 23:32:29 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  ...And in the "always check back" department, I had a hunch
  that today might see discounts that were missed yesterday.
  I called a few stores and they vehemently denied that anything
  had been further discounted since yesterday, but somehow I was
  still skeptical and decided to check it out for myself.

I had that same hunch and went back to a store (60 mile round trip!) where
yesterday they vehemently denied that the sale prices would be coming down.  I
was thrilled to get two copies of that lovely color-coordinated set Dino
Research Compound for $19.94 each.  Also Exploration Mars for $12.44 and a
really trashed Vision Command for $24.94, even though I'm not a Mindstroms
person... hmm... Brickbay?

  I don't anticipate any more reductions until next Wednesday,
  but given my luck at making predictions so far this year I
  wouldn't trust my reckoning.  I wouldn't even trust the store
  employees to make predictions at this point.

I found some of the employees so clueless and exasperating that I admit I was
almost as angry as Tom S. about it, and I had to restrain myself from
dispensing a little vinegar of my own.

  I do hope everyone else is having better--or at least more
  uniform--luck.  I'm getting tired of going on these 80-mile
  jaunts every morning "just in case".  At least there's now
  something to show for it!  So go back and check each day, if
  you can--you never know what might surface or suddenly discount.

I agree. The funny thing was when I went to recheck my local Target, it was
closed because their power was off due to the rotating power outage we had
today.  And I couldn't wait around because I had to get home to hide the LEGO I
HAD bought before I went to pick up my kindergartener so he wouldn't beg for it
(I guess I'm guilty of concealing LEGO too!).

Maggie C.