 Marketplace / Shopping / 6620
Re: Bulk Brick sales at LEGOLAND
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 22:52:50 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Frank Filz writes:
David Schilling wrote:

I wanted to post this a long time ago already, but wasn't able to upload the
pictures ... until now.

There have been a few people who've mentioned it, but bulk bricks are
available to be bought at LEGOLAND California.  They are being sold in front
of the Model Shop (near Miniland).  Here's some pictures of the bins:

Hmm, is it possible to order these by phone?

   I'm curious about this too.  Was the "gift package" set available
   by phone?  And if so, would it be the same number to call?  I'm
   in dire need of lots of 2x4 brown bricks.  (Well, more dire need
   than my general ABS jones, anyways.)  Arrrr.

   Another thought:  The bricks in the per-pound bins are being put
   there at the same time as LS@H is building up inventory to offer
   them in bulk direct.  LS@H may simply need a certain number of
   units on hand before they can be offered to the North Atlantic
   world--I'd bet that the ratio of bricks sold via Legoland to those
   sold in bulk through S@H is pretty tiny. (This part is dedicated
   to .market.theory.)

   How long ago did you take the pictures, David?  And just in case
   nobody's said it yet:  Thanks for going above and beyond the call
   of duty by getting pics as well as the inventory rundown.  Did
   the LL employees have any problem with you taking pics (as I know
   some places do)?

   best,

   Lindsay (of the parenthetical closing statement)