 Marketplace / Shopping / 6626
Re: Bulk Brick sales at LEGOLAND
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 04:33:57 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
  Another thought:  The bricks in the per-pound bins are being put
  there at the same time as LS@H is building up inventory to offer
  them in bulk direct.  LS@H may simply need a certain number of
  units on hand before they can be offered to the North Atlantic
  world--I'd bet that the ratio of bricks sold via Legoland to those
  sold in bulk through S@H is pretty tiny. (This part is dedicated
  to .market.theory.)

Ok, this got my curiosity: how many 2x4s are there in a pound ? I took a tub of
red 2x4s and measured them onto one of my scales (better than 1/10 oz accuracy).
It took 101 2x4 bricks to make 8 oz. So Legoland is selling them for approx
$0.13842 per brick (not counting tax, tag, title and delivery). This is less
than what the BrickBay price guide shows them being sold for, but not by much.
It is quite a bit higher than the prices for other (more standard) colors.

Odd, is the price being influenced by the color scarcity ?

Will TLC play that card for bulk sales ?

Ray